Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Taco Spaghetti Skillet


I know it sounds crazy. I don't know how I have reached the ripe "old" age of 41 and never thought of making the red sauce that covers spaghetti noodles with taco seasoning. 

Now this means that we are having spaghetti twice a week - at least! 


The recipe ends up being a little bit spicy with the canned chilis and diced tomatoes. If you don't want to have it been that spicy, go ahead and use just diced tomatoes and you'll be just fine. 


This also is a great recipe to add your favorite veggie toppings to. You can add peppers and onions while you are cooking the ground beef, or add a can of rinsed beans when you add the pasta. If you want make a taco bar of toppings and have lettuce, tomatoes, olives and peppers to add on top of your spaghetti. Doesn't that sound delicious!?


I broke my noodles when I put them in my skillet, because my skillet doesn't really fit full length spaghetti noodles.