Monday, May 26, 2014

Raw Veggie Salsa

How have I lived my whole life and not known that May is Salsa month. This is really a month worth celebrating! I love salsa, we absolutely adore the stuff at my house. We can't get enough of it or eat it fast enough. We love it in all shapes and forms and this one is one of the kids favorites. (my husband is not a huge fan of it because he doesn't love beans as much as the rest of us do). 



Ingredients 
3 ripe tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1 can organic black beans
1 bag frozen white corn (I used yellow corn)
2 limes (juiced)
1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Bunch of cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste

Chop the tomatoes, peppers, red onion and cilantro. Mix into a large serving bowl. Drain and rinse black beans and add to the mixture. Add frozen corn to mixture. Squeeze the juice out of the two limes and add the lime juice and olive oil to the salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.



You can alter it to your taste, We usually end up adding a (quite) a bit more cilantro because we really like it. And since we are serving at a family BBQ today I made it a little bit more spicy. 



Enjoy your beginning of summer (officially) and enjoy the rest of the of the best food holidays around. Salsa Month.