Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thai Pasta Salad - Create a Salad


This is an "official" Food $ense Create a Salad recipe

I feel like such a fool that it has taken me a whole year to try it. It is Amaze-Balls!!  I want to eat it everyday, All Day Long! (Is that enough exclamation points?)?!

You must make this immediately. 


Thai Noodle Salad
• 10 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked and cooled
• ¼ cup rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional) - But not Really optional, spice it up, Baby
• ¼ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
• 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• ¾ cup shredded carrots ( I got All wild and crazy here - and used a bag of Broccoli Slaw!)
• 2 green onions, finely diced
• 1 cup bell pepper, diced
• 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
• ½ cup chopped peanuts
• ½ cup chopped cilantro

Place noodles in large bowl. In small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, garlic, red chili flakes, and sesame oil. Stir to combine and dissolve sugar. 


Pour over noodles. Add chickpeas, carrots, green onions, bell pepper, and peas. Stir to coat veggies with dressing. Add peanuts and cilantro just before serving. Toss to mix. 
Yield: 4 servings


I made this for lunch and then strictly forbade everyone in my household from eating it again - the rest was Mine! I have mentioned before my love of all Asian food and especially Thai food. Add Chickpeas (my favorite of all the legumes) and make it something I can eat hot or cold - Holy Cow, that makes it a hit. I want to eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (and snacks)

Are you still here reading, Please say that at least you already have your pasta on to boil......