Monday, December 1, 2014

Pizza Rolls - Create a Sandwich / Pizza






I am always on the look out for food I can make in large batches to save in the freezer or fridge so the kids can grab quick meals and snacks. I was pretty excited to make these Pizza Rolls. I had a large bag of cheese that I wanted to use up, and I had gotten a really good deal on some ground beef at the store.  These came together super fast and the kids loved them for dinner. - Then when they saw that I was preparing them for "leftovers" they were even more excited.  Some went to lunch at school the next day, some were eaten as after school snacks. They didn't last as long as I would have liked, but it was good that the kids liked them so much. - My husband even took one to work and shared it with a co-worker!!  You should totally make these too, and end up feeding the world!





Ingredients

2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
2 Cups Mozzarella
1 Dozen sub rolls
2 - 15 oz jars of pizza sauce





Instructions



Add one and a half jars of pizza sauce to beef in skillet. Stir and cook on medium until bubbly. 



Slice each bun almost through


 and spoon beef mixture into the bun. 


Add cheese on top 


and seal with plastic wrap. 



Place in refrigerator and heat in microwave for one minute when ready to eat. 


Can be stored in fridge for several days.