Friday, January 2, 2015

Resolutions

Oh My Goodness! Can you believe that we are here in a completely New Year!?

I have spent the last few days thinking about things I am grateful for and progress that I have made in this last year. It makes for so much happier of a way to start the year than looking back and obsessing over all the ways that I feel like I have failed.

This year our family has grown by a whole new person as our little Charlie was born in September. We have also shrunk by three people in a way as our bigger boys moved with their mom to California and we no longer see them on weekends. We have potty trained and done driver's ed. We have started kindergarten and a new career. We had a grandmother pass away and we dealt with nearly a year of unemployment. It has been an eventful year and there is no way that I am going to look back at any of it and say that I failed. I made some good memories and some bad ones and I had more than my fair share of once-in-a-lifetime moments.

And so as I look forward to 2015, I wait with excitement and anxiousness at what it holds for me and mine. I am going to continue to Do Better and to Be Better. I am almost positive (WINK!) that I won't reach perfection this year, not in my health, not in fitness, not in parenting and probably not even my knitting - which in truth is probably the thing I am closest to perfection in. But I am going to keep moving forward and Doing Better and Being a Little Bit Better every single day!

I hope you will continue this journey with me. That we can learn and grow and experience life together.