Thursday, September 3, 2015

Spinach Tortellini Salad


The kids are back in school, but the heat hasn't let up yet. And we are cruising into Labor Day weekend and the last of the big BBQ weekends. 

Are you tired of the salads that you have been making all summer? Looking for something fantastic and dare I say it.... actually a little bit good for you?


This salad is so yummy, and when I make it, I actually do it for dinner and not a side dish. I (at least) Double the spinach in the recipe and I add whatever vegs I have in the fridge. Broccoli and Zucchini were added to this batch. 


Spinach Tortellini Salad recipe:

1 20oz. package of 3 cheese tortellini (cooked, cooled and chilled) *You can used boxed, frozen or fresh*
1 bag spinach, ends torn off
2 heads of broccoli, with cut florets
1 small package of grape or cherry tomatoes, (I don't cut mine, so people can pick them out)
1 can of medium to large olives, (I don't cut these either - who has the time!)
1 small package of feta cheese, crumbled

Caesar Dressing - From this blog post. 

2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
5 tablespoon pure olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano), plus extra for sprinkling.


Toss all ingredients together. Use as much salad dressing as you prefer.


This salad is still really good the next day - the spinach gets a little wilted, but I just add more to freshen it up.