Friday, October 23, 2015

Crispy Chicken Tacos



Tacos make the world go round. If you don't think so, then you need to come live at my house for a little bit. - 

In fact, we get a little nit-picky about what exactly IS a taco and what is a burrito. I feel like I should be the expert with the final say, since I worked at Taco Time for my entire high school years. Don't you feel like that makes me the expert?

This is a Taco, anything in a soft tortilla that is rolled falls under Burrito Land. 



But I get so grumpy about store bought crispy taco shells - I think don't taste good, they are hard to eat, and for just being a cooked tortilla - they sure are filled with things that you don't want to be eating. 

So Joseph brought home some un-cooked tortillas from Costco the other day, and I am having the time of my life cooking with them. 


I discovered that if I cook them on a really hot griddle - and add shredded cheese and some leftover chicken while the second side is cooking - I can use my spatula to fold them in half and TA-DA the best crispy taco in all the land!! 

You can fill them with leftover chili, or just roasted veggies, you can fill them with scrambled eggs - there isn't really anything that isn't fantastic folded into a crispy tortilla. 


We buy our uncooked tortillas and they are roughly the same price as the giant pack of regular ones that we buy. I have been having a fantastic time playing around with them. If you have the opportunity to pick some up, I really suggest you do.