Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Shrimp Stir Fry


In the world of dinners that can be on the table in the time that it takes to gather everyone AT the table, the Stir-Fry can't be beat. 

This can be a real life-saver for us Dinner-Super-Parents. They can be made fast, exactly how you want them, and with a little prep ahead of time, they are almost no work!  (I LOVE that!!)


Stir-Fry at my house doesn't have a recipe. I use whatever veggies I have. I use rice that I cooked in a double (or triple) batch and saved for later, and I don't get fussy with the sauce. 


I want to share with you the Food $ense Creates - pattern to create a stir-fry. 


These are my bags of prepped veggies that I pulled out of the fridge. I buy them and then I take some time and cut them up.  I feel like that last a lot longer than buying the ones that are pre-bagged. And I know without a doubt we eat a lot more veggies when I can just grab them like this. 


Some of us had shrimp - some of us had just veggies. I didn't get the chicken out of the freezer and so when I was looking in the freezer and being disappointed with myself, I saw the bag of shrimp - and they defrost (and cook) FAST! - so that made the decision to add them really easy. 



Add Veggies - I was all fancy mom, and we did Individual ones... the kids thought I was really cool. 


Add Sauce ----- & ------Stir Fry! 



Serve over your reheated rice, or noodles, or barley or quinoa or.......  more veggies made in noodles.... or......... ??