Saturday, September 3, 2016

Baked Cheddar Zucchini Fritters


Just when I thought that my kids might be getting tired of all the zucchini that we have been eating, I decided to make these. They are so yummy and different from a lot of other zucchini recipes out there - I have even had several people ask me for the recipe after they tried them.  

You are going to want to make these, Trust me. 


This is the original Food $ense recipe -  I altered mine a bit. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini (no need to peel the zucchini - but to make them Extra crunchy - squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini as you can)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup panko or regular bread crumbs  (You could use Italian, but I really prefer to have the plain Panko in my pantry - so that is what I used. ) 
1/4 teaspoon dried basil (or 1-2 teaspoons fresh)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper



 Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly grease an unlined baking sheet. Or if you have silicon sheets, use those.

Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the sink until the zucchini is really dry.

Place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.

Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the mounds with your hands to flatten slightly.

Bake for 16-20 minutes until the edges are golden.