Monday, September 12, 2016

Yellow Rice and Peas


When we made Chicken Tikka Masala, I wanted to serve it with yellow rice and peas. (because I didn't want to make Naan to go with it) 


When I got out the Turmeric to make the yellow rice - the recipe for Yellow Rice and Peas was on the side of the spice jar! So even though this was a dish that was new to me, I guess it is something that is really popular. It was so easy and made the rice feel like a special dish. My kids loved it!


Ingredients


1 tablespoon butter
1 cup Basmati Rice
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Turmeric, Ground
2 cups water (or chicken broth)
1 cup frozen peas


Directions:

Bring water with Turmeric and butter added to a boil. Once your water is boiling, stir in the rice.

Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Stir in peas; cover. Cook 5 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender.