Friday, July 7, 2017

Spicy Fruit Salad


I have not ever found myself to be a huge fan of fruit salad. But I discovered it was because I am not overly fond of bananas because they make almost everything taste like...  well, Bananas. 

But then I had a real Ah-HA moment and discovered that I didn't have to put bananas in my fruit salad. I could really use anything that I liked.  I have been loving fruit salad ever since. 

I decided to try it with a little bit of spice, since I used the pepper with the cantaloupe and it is amazing. The freshness of the lime makes it tart and the spicy pepper gives it even more depth. This is the ultimate combination of spicy and sweet and it is so darn good. 

Try making it with whatever fruits you have on hand, ones that you got at the farmer's market or ones that are your favorites. 


Ingredients:

1 mango
1 banana
1 cup strawberries
1 orange   (or ANY combination of fresh fruit, I used apple, kiwi, blueberry and pineapple)
¼ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp of honey

Directions:

Slice the mango, banana, strawberries and oranges. 

Mix in a bowl with the chili powder, the lime juice and the honey. 

Serve chilled.