Friday, August 11, 2017

Sausage Sheet Pan Supper


Sheet pan suppers are all the rage right now, and once you have made a few, it is easy to see why everyone likes them so much. 

For me, they are a simple as tossing a few ingredients into a crock-pot, except, I don't have to plan ahead. You lay your ingredients out on a sheet pan (I line mine with foil or use a silicone baking sheet for easy clean-up) and put it into the oven. It couldn't be easier than that. 

Lots of recipe include amazing sauces, but you don't really need them. a little bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper will be just fine. The roasting of the vegetables is what makes it taste so darn good. 


I made this dinner with a kielbasa sausage that was made with turkey that I cut into slices. 

Then I had a giant bag of frozen vegetables (these happened to be an Asian mix) that I defrosted for a few minutes in the microwave. I then took the veggies and I dried them off with a paper towel as much as I could.  I think this is the real trick to being able to use frozen vegetables. If you take some of the moisture away they won't just steam in the oven and they'll roast up beautifully. 

I used a tiny bit of olive oil, not too much because the sausage will add a little fat as well. Then I just added some salt and pepper. That was it.  I put it in the oven at 420 degrees and started the timer for 20 minutes. I turned it with a spatula and then set the timer for another 10 minutes. - that was all it took.  But you can keep setting your timer and checking every 10 minutes if you want your veggies darker or you have bigger pieces.