Monday, October 30, 2017

The Very Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Once I made this, I was just going to claim that they were the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the world, but that was before my family ate the entire batch before I was able to take pictures for the blog. 


I made a second batch a few days later, with the determined intent to get some good pictures of these amazing muffins for the blog. It turns out that it was a cloudy overcast kind of day and so as I was waiting for some sunshine to come around - and having neglected to put the pieces together that all my children were out of school for fall break and each had at least one friend over. 
--  The second batch of muffins were gone as well, before I could take any pictures. 


It really was silly. And yes, the muffins, really really ARE that good!

So here's the third batch of them, I was fighting off the muffin eaters as fast as I could snap pictures. 




Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3 cups flour, substitute whole grain flour if you like
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 cups (1 bag) chocolate chips




Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray (or add liners) and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer. Mix in sugar, pumpkin, oil, and applesauce. 

In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. 

Blend into pumpkin mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix. 

Scoop into muffin tins. 

Bake 15-20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool slightly in pans then transfer to wire racks.