Monday, March 26, 2018

Whole Grain Cheddar Bay Biscuits


If I didn't have to get up at 4:00am everyday, I would have loved to have been a baker. But they aren't really any snoozy bakers - they have to be all early risers.  (Oh That's Hilarious!!) *blogger benefits, you get to assume everyone things your lame food puns are hysterical. 


Since my career as a baker was over before it started, I have no choice left, but to be a southern grandma. And that means big, flakey buttery biscuits. 

I have never been able to manage good biscuits until I found the recipe that uses heavy cream instead of the butter. Using the cream distributes the fat more evenly and so the biscuits rise nice and all. The recipe is so shockingly easy and very impressive. 


I have loved the recipe so much that I felt confident experimenting with the flour and making them whole grain has been wonderful. They turn out so delicious and I like knowing that they are full of whole grain goodness.  

When you try the recipe, if your family is new to whole grains, trying add just a cup of whole grain flour and the rest all purpose flour, until you happily adjust to whole grains. You'll really enjoy it. I promise.