Friday, May 4, 2018

Cucumber and Carrots Thai Noodle Salad


I made this salad and it was so good that I put it away towards the back of the fridge, so I wouldn't have to share it. (yes, I'm that kind of person)

Well a few hours later, Joseph shows up with a bowl of it, crunching and Mmm mmmm ing along, Wow! this is really really good, he says to me. 

I Know! That's why I hid in in the fridge.


Yes, I spiralized the veggies and honestly, It was a lot of work. they were really fun to eat, but you don't have to do things that way for this salad to be incredible. 

If you are looking for long "noodles", you can just make ribbon / strips with your vegetable peeler. Or go ahead and chop them up. 


While the noodles were super fun to eat, it did make it hard to eat the beans and peppers because veggie noodles and chickpeas are hard to get on the same fork - I didn't even attempt chopsticks. 



You add the marinate to the onions, beans and peppers first because the vinegar and lemon juice acid will essentially "cook" your onions making them sweet and mild. Don't let that extra step in the recipe scare you away or feel like it is a lot of work. 

This is a great fun salad - it's a real show-stopped with the spiralized veggies, but you do not have to make it that way if you don't have the tools or skills. I'm going to make it again and I'm pretty sure I am going to be doing ribbons. They seem like a good compromise to me.