Friday, February 15, 2013

The Time has Come, The Time is Now



When my oldest son was younger, one of his favorite books was by,"Marvin K. Mooney will you Please Go Now!" by Dr. Suess. I am not sure what he liked so much about this book, but as it goes with all children, we read it over and over and over again. - We read it so often that its words worked their way into daily conversation and now family lore. We say quite a bit around here... "the time has come, the time is now" (the rest continues in the book... Marvin K. Mooney will you please go now).

And so The Time Has Come, The Time is Now, to begin this adventure in a major lifestyle change for our family.  I love my family, and I want to take care of them, I want to take the best sort of care of them. I remarried a few years ago and the wonderful man I hitched myself to was a health-nut and triathalete. I am sad to confess that instead of rubbing off on me, I have rubbed off on him. I have worked for two years for in a nutrition related job and that hasn't rubbed off on me either. I keep reading and making pie in the sky (and pie on my plate) plans, and things just stay the same around here.




When I was a teenager my mom had one of those popular signs hanging in our kitchen that read, " If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".  Well around here, we have become - "If momma ain't healthy, ain't nobody healthy!"  and I have finally had enough. - The Time has Come, The Time is Now! and so here we go, hopefully this blog will create some accountability and with any luck, lots of encouragement.