Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Tuesday that was really a Monday - and that was a Good Thing



I know that most everyone looks forward to three-day weekends. I certainly did as a child, or at least while I was in school. I may have even looked forward to them when my children were younger and in school. Now, I dread them. Especially the "Monday off"- We just had a weekend and then.... WHAM! another day off, except, we have had all our good fun, and eaten all the good food, and used up all our good manners and all that is left is the fighting and the tantrums and the mess. I exhausted all my Fun Mom supply on Saturday and all my Calm Peaceful Mom supply on Sunday. Monday is supposed to be my day to get rid of everyone and pick up the pieces of my life and prepare for the week ahead.. .But wait, my house is covered in children -- children who can't find headphones, and who left snow boots outside and so they are still wet (and cold)! And children who are perhaps on each others' nerves even more than they are on mine. 


I hate three day-weekends. Since my husband is in retail, he almost always works Saturdays and if there is a Monday holiday - he always works that too. Because you know... nothing says shopping like not going to work.

And to make this weekend just a little extra special we switched internet providers and so some screens in this house can connect to the internet and some can't. Woe be unto those who use some that can't get onto the internet, because you will not be able to play with the rest of the brothers in the minecraft / hunger games / LAN / survival battle and essentially you now have nothing to do but wreak havoc on those who are playing.

But Huzzah! Today is Tuesday, though this week it is the Monday in my world and even though I really hate Tuesdays because every lesson, and practice and church activity we are involved in happens to be on Tuesday -- today is also Monday, and everyone went back to school and I got have my very own, quiet shower while the baby napped, and I knew no one was going to wake her up. And I get to look at my schedule and know just where everyone is /or needs to be at just what time and all I have to do is get them there. And things are going to run smoothly, because it is back to real life today, even if it is a day late.