Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Oat Bread


One of the things I always wished I was in life was a great bread baker. Both of my grandmother’s effortlessly made bread. I had lessons from both of them, but what seemed to come so naturally to them has always been a bit of a struggle for me. Be that as it may, I fearlessly keep baking bread. Even bad homemade bread is still pretty darn good!

I was super  cleaning the kitchen today and decided to move / refill the containers that sit on my counter that contain flour and sugar and other staples. So I hauled up from the basement pantry the huge bag of whole grain wheat flour and after I refilled the container, I looked at the recipe on the side of the bag...  Oat Bread …  Mmmmmmm that sounds good!  And since May’s grain of the month is Oats, that is a double sure sign that I need to make this.


It is hot today in the house and since I have the air conditioner on I am raising the bread on top of the dishwasher that is running instead of in the usual sunny spot that is right above the register vent (which would mean cold air blew on my bread bowl).  So far it is looking gorgeous and I can’t wait to eat it.  It looks like we will be having bread and cheese with apples for snacks around 4 o’clock today.