Tuesday, July 2, 2013

4th of July ideas

Do you have any fun 4th of July plans or traditions? Are you going to be attending lunches and Bbq's where you want to amaze and wow people with your new found knowledge and healthy lifestyle? Is it too hot for you to be spending hours in the kitchen cooking too?




One of my favorite things to take to family get-togethers are Whoopie Pies. My kids adore them and since I make them quite a now almost expected to bring them. I recently was browsing the web for some fun 4th of July recipes and I ran across a recipe for Whoopie Pies that has been altered to make it better for you.  Let me just say, They are amazing! No, they don't taste the same as the ones I made before, but for a health substitute they are really quite good. The website the recipe is available on has 15th Healthier 4th of July Desserts, perhaps your favorite thing to make is there too.










Here is a link to a website that has some non-traditional recipes, perhaps  you will find something new to try like Red, White and Blue Berry Semiffreddo, or The Red, White, and Blue: Coconut and Blueberry Coconut Pudding Trifles with Fresh Cherries and Buckwheat Topping - now you KNOW those sound delicious.

And since we are going to be making that potato salad and macaroni salad and bbq, Here is a website that lightens up the traditional recipes that we all love so much.