Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A New Twist on Refrigerator Pickles



One of the great things about trying recipes from Food $ense is that they take old favorites and add a different new twist to them. I love refrigerator pickles, but my sister always makes more popular ones than me. When I found this recipe when I was browsing the Farmer's Market recipes, I was very excited to try it. 



They were deliciously different with a surprising taste. The ginger for sure needs to be grated so that the flavors mingle and I wouldn't let them sit too long in your fridge before you serve them as the soy sauce turns them brown and then they don't look quite as appetizing. 



I can't wait to pick a new recipe and try it. I am considering perhaps something with beets or maybe a rhubarb or peach crumble. I will need to call the neighbor and see if he still has rhubarb.