Thursday, July 11, 2013

Brussels Sprouts Roasted and Delicious

I happened upon a lovely bag of brussels sprouts yesterday in the very back of the vegetable drawer. I happen to love these little nutty baby cabbage like vegetables and I am fortunate enough that most of my kids like them too.  We usually eat them sauteed, but last night I decided to try them roasted. 


There are lots of recipes and instructions for roasting them, but they are roasted just like any other crispy vegetable. 

 My husband was helping in the kitchen and he snipped the bottoms off and cut them in half, neither of which I usually bother with. We tossed them in olive oil and then spread them out on a large cookie sheet and then popped them into a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or so.  You can top them with balsamic vinegar, rosemary or Parmesan cheese, but we just ate them plain.

And they were Delicious!