Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Experiments in Cherry Pitting



I am definitely not the Sherlock Holmes of cherry pitting. 


I don't have a cherry pitting tool, so I looked up online how to do it by hand. I read This article, because if Martha can pit cherries by hand, by golly, so can I. I even read another article for good measure, so I would be really sure how to do it.  I didn't watch any YouTube videos, because I felt pretty confident that I didn't need the extra help


I had dreams in my head of Cherry Bruschetta and Cherry Salsa.  I wasn't going to attempt anything so adventurous and time consuming as I pie, but I really was looking forward to eating something and not having to spit the seed out. 



I attempted my cherry pitting with a wooden toothpick, a (clean) nail orange stick, a straw, and a paper clip. 

Sadly, I ran out of steam and decided it was totally not worth it after about 6 cherries. I am considering buying a cherry pitting tool, they aren't that much money and I think I would really use it, (at least during the summer months).