Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The most popular person at the potluck.

With all the heat lately, I have really lost my desire to bake and create in the kitchen. Who wants to stand over and oven or stove top for any length of time sweating into their food. Ever since I learned how to make it, I have wanted to know why in the world potato salad is considered a summer food. All the boiling and peeling, it feels like winter time project to me.

Still, summer is the time to get together with your friends and family and that always means bringing food to share.  If you want to be the most popular person at the potluck, I suggest you bring the vegetable tray.  This whopping huge amount of vegetables was less than 11.00$ at my local mega mart. I buy the cauliflower and broccoli in their head for because I don't mind the cutting and I really mind the price. I like to throw in something that is season and unexpected that gets people's attention in the spring asparagus is fun, and in the summer radishes and green beans, the autumn is perfect for sliced sweet potatoes or jicama.  If you add a fun dip people just can't tear themselves away. You'll be the hit of party and the only one taking home and empty dish every single time.