Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Buckle Down! says my mom....

Life seems to be saying something more along the lines of "Buckle UP!".

Today I was sitting on my couch staring across the kitchen floor. A kitchen floor that I will be honest with you was mopped  last night and still somehow looks like the aftermath of Hurricane Alice. I can see dirty foot prints where she walked before the floor was dry and what I am hoping are chocolate chips dropped from her granola bar she had this morning.

Ezra started Preschool this morning, he was the last one to start and he could hardly wait. Lex and Jett started two weeks ago, and the suspense has been killing me. He was so excited to leave today and have, "just you and Alice will be home, mom.".  When did things become so terrible around here that my children were scrambling to leave me? All the other kids at preschool were clingy and teary looking anxious and fearful, Ezra barely let me walk him to the door. He probably would have driven himself if he had been able to find the keys.

We have been in the house for a little over two weeks, What is the timeline for having to be unpacked and not look like you have ever intention of living out of those moving boxes for the next... well..... forever?  I keep trying to chip away at the mountains of cardboard that seem to occupy every corner of every room and even the middle of a few rooms. But this weekend Joseph emptied the storage unit and now I am buried all over again. This time, not just in things that are mine and I want to keep, but lots of things that I don't quite know what else to do with. OY! My headstone will read,"she was killed by all the things she couldn't bare to part with."

Piano lessons are starting, so are dance and singing. The school is calling to remind me I am already behind on shots and lunch money.  The peaches on the tree in the backyard are threatening to ripen this weekend and demand to be dealt with. OH! and I have two family birthdays this week too.

Life is such a roller coaster ride, you are flying up and down and sideways and screaming with laughter most of the time - most of the time, because sometimes you really are screaming with terror.