Friday, October 4, 2013

Acorn Squash and Apple Soup


One of the things that I like the very most about the snap of fall weather is that it is time for soup! It it is time to turn on our stove top and let something yummy and fragrant simmer, warm your kitchen and your soul. A little dramatic, maybe? But I love fall soup weather, and we are rushing into it here at our house. For dinner last night we tried a Food $ense recipe for Acorn Squash and Apple Soup.


It turned out phenomenal and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Even my kids who, "don't like squash" ate the soup. I explained to them that they don't like tomatoes, but the loved tomato soup. It had a great texture thanks to the apples and onion. I spiced mine up a little bit after I dished the kids up. Even the baby had two bowls. (well, two baby bowls).