Saturday, November 2, 2013

Is new always a good thing?

There is so much that is new around here at Food $ense, I'll be honest with you, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it is exciting and fun and I really really like the "new", but I am not quite sure what to do with it, ya know.

I feel like I was just getting good at my menu planning and my budgeting, and just understanding the dietary guidelines. Now those things haven't "gone away", they are just in a new form and I am not adapting as quickly as I would like myself too.  It is a lot like The Love Boat, "exciting and new" I am all aboard, but it just happens to be a small city in size.

I made a create a ... stir fry two nights ago. I was very nervous because I didn't have all the kitchen tools that I felt I needed to have, but I needed a late dinner quick and my husband had just gotten back from the gym so he was wanting something "healthy".  I had some left over rice and thought to myself, "You can do this". (I say that to myself a lot, I guess I am the kind of person that needs lot of encouragement - the little pom-pom waver in my head must get really tired) So I warmed up the left over rice in the microwave, and opened the pantry to see what protein I could come up with. My husband hates beans so I turned to the trust canned chicken. I didn't have any fresh veggies on hand but I had a frozen bag of broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and zucchini and decided to use that. I followed the instructions on the hand out and since the chicken was already cooked it went together super duper fast - like lightening fast! The smell brought the kids up from downstairs with questions of "what smells so good" and my husband suggested "we should make this more often". So dinner was deemed a wild success - the baby ate her weight in it and did the same the next day with the leftovers.

I know there is a lot of "new" that has been arriving and it is exciting and sparks our imagination, but we wonder what to do, it isn't what we know, it is what we are used to.  So hang in there with me as we make these changes.

Progress and change are exciting. I believe in this system and I believe in Food $ense, and most of all, I believe in you and you are amazing!

Are you feeling wildly inspired to be embrace some change? Enjoy this video we watched at Annual Conference. It is fabulous.