Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lemon Pasta Made a Little Lighter

I just adore lemons, I love them in everything, especially in savory applications.

One of my favorite pairings happens to be lemons and pasta. There are lots of lemon pasta dishes out there, but one of my favorites happens to be this one.  But it happens to be a little bit heavy, I decided this weekend to see if I could try and lighten it up a bit.

I exchanged the sour cream for greek yogurt and halved the butter and the olive oil. 


I added a bit more garlic and lemon zest to be sure it was really full of flavor. 

I don't have a microplane zester, so I just use my littlest grader. It seems to do the job just fine for me. 


Ingredients
  • 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
  • 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
  • 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Large Lemon, Juiced And Zested
  • 2 cups Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
  •  Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
  •  Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
  •  Extra Lemon Juice
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.
In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.
Add greek yogurt and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.
Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)
When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.
Serve with crusty French bread and a simple green salad.