Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Menu Planning & a Happy Late Birthday Blog

It seems like every year when Presidents day rolls around I am at the end of my winter limit. Too many holidays, too much winter, too much time "off", and the snow days are killing me!

Last year we were in the exact same boat. It was fun reading the blog post from a year ago and thinking how strange that I felt the exact same way this year.  The more things change, the more they stay the same, isn't that true.

It has me thinking about all the changes that we have had happen in the last year. And changes that I want to make in the coming year. Good changes, changes that are going to improve the life of my family.

I need to get back to being a better menu planner, it all seems to start there for me. Strange that something so simple seems to make or break my week. It all hinges on whether I have a plan for dinner or not. It can be so simple and so easy, but it is also an easy habit to fall out of.

If you need help starting a menu plan this is a great place to go. And Food $ense has some amazing classes that you can take online. They are a great place to start, but any start is a good start. All you need is a piece of paper and something to write with. Jot down the days of the week and what you would like to make for dinner on those nights, enlist the help of your family if you run out of ideas. They are always hungry and full of good ideas of stuff they want to eat.