Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sour Cream Enchiladas - S.O.S. Style

We absolutely love enchiladas at our house. Anyway they come we love to eat them. 

Last night we had Sour Cream Enchiladas made with green chilis. They are so creamy and delicious and good. As I am writing this, I am feeling so glad there are leftovers sitting in the fridge. 



I used S.O.S. mix to make these.  I like knowing exactly what it in it, instead of cream of mystery soup, and I like the control it gives me over my recipes. 

Here is the recipe book for S.O.S. mix.  There is even a recipe in the booklet for Chicken Enchiladas (pg 14)


The first time I made my S.O.S. mix I followed the directions exactly. As I had made it more times I have become a little experimental and left out the italian seasoning, tried taco seasoning and added more onion.  It is a really amazing mix to add to your pantry and I sure you will love using it just as much as I do. 


Soup or Sauce (SOS) Mix
* Ingredients
 2 cups powdered non-fat dry milk
 3/4 cup cornstarch
 1/4 cup instant chicken bouillon (regular or low sodium)
 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
 2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)

* Directions
 Combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag, mixing well.

* Yield
 Equal to 9 (10.5 oz) cans of cream soup.

* To substitute for 1 can of cream soup
1. Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups of cold water. Whisk until  well blended.
2. Cook and stir on stove top or in microwave until thickened.
3. Add thickened mixture to casseroles as you would a can of soup.

* Storage
 Store in closed plastic bag or air-tight container until ready to use. It does not have to be refrigerated.