Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Simple Strawberry Smoothie



For as incredibly simple and wonderful as they are, I find myself almost never making smoothies. It is strange, because Creating a Smoothie is almost the easiest thing you can do in the kitchen. 

I think it is because I don't have one of the Fancy blenders. You know, one of the ones that cost hundreds of dollars and can grind up phones and rocks and stuff. I just have a regular old kitchen blender (that I actually got as a hand me down when my mom got one of the Ferrari Blenders - that grind rocks)


So here is a simple classic recipe, for my simple classic blender. You can add ANY fruit you want, but we had some strawberries that were needing to be used. If you want to be a flavor scientist you can experiment with flavors of yogurt today, but since this is a simple, classic recipe, we are going to stick with vanilla. 

 Ingredients 
makes 2 servings

 8 strawberries, hulled
 1/2 cup skim milk
 1/2 cup plain yogurt
 3 tablespoons white sugar ( you should try and leave this out - it isn't great for you, but sometimes - it needs it)
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract ( this is the super secret ingredient to making it taste Amazing!)
 6 cubes ice, crushed