Thursday, August 7, 2014

Kielbasa with Potatoes and Peppers



The baby red potatoes are here! This is a major news release and a fantastic reason to celebrate at our house.  These are some of my most favorite vegetable in the entire world and I can't get enough of them. I like to buy the at the farm stand where I can pick out the really tiny ones. 


Ingredients

 1 tablespoon vegetable oil  ( I actually substituted chicken broth instead of oil because the kielbasa can be a little bit greasy)
 1 (16 ounce) package smoked kielbasa sausage, diced
 6 medium red potatoes, diced ( I used about 25 baby red potatoes instead of big ones)
 1 red bell pepper, sliced
 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced




Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Place kielbasa and potatoes in the saucepan. Cover, and cook 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.


Mix red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper into the saucepan, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until peppers are just tender.


This meal is a fix-it and forget it type meal. I just threw everything into the electric skillet and walked away.  It was done and ready to eat before I was done picking up the kitchen.