Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Snap Specific Cookbook - Good and Cheap


I came across a news article the other day that was highlighting a brand new cookbook by Leanne Brown. I am so excited to share it with you. It is beyond amazing!! And not only has wonderful recipes and delicious ideas but brings much needed information to those of us trying to eat and feed our families healthy and yummy food on a tight budget. 

You can download the entire cookbook right Here. 

or from Leanne's own website Here. 

I absolutely love the cookbook. There are beautiful pictures and the recipes are amazing.  They allow for lots of substitutions based on taste and availability. And we all know (and are learning) that being in the kitchen is all about practicing and creating confidence. 


I have started a list in a notebook of all the things from this cookbook that I am wanting to make. I think I am going to start with the Cornmeal Coated Veggies and maybe try the Chickpea and Beet Salad since the beets are available at my local farm stand. 

A lot of the principles that this wonderful cookbook is based on are taught right here at Food $ense. We even have recipes that you can give a try.