Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Orange Julius Smoothie


I absolutely go crazy for the taste of this Orange Julius smoothie. It brings back memories of being a teenager and hanging out at the mall and buying this ice-y, creamy smoothie. Orange Julius was where it was at before the days of the juice bar boom. 

When I was pregnant with my third child, these were my main craving. The healthy swaps to yogurt and milk make this a guilt-free dessert or a fantastic breakfast. I can almost guarantee that when I get the stuff out to make these, I am going to have a line in my kitchen with requests for me to "make them one too" 



INGREDIENTS

1/2 Cup Frozen Orange Juice concentrate
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt (I have a secret crush on this Vanilla Honey Greek yogurt - But it if you can!) 
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Cups Ice


INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1 – Put the milk, yogurt, vanilla, and orange juice concentrate in the blender and blend for 30 seconds

Step 2 – Add the Ice and blend for another minute until the ice is chopped up

Step 3 – Pour into cups and serve

Be sure to add the ice to any smoothie or milkshake last.  If you put it in the blender first, it can stick together and jam up your blender.