Friday, January 8, 2016

Pink Tea Party Drink



In April for her 3rd Birthday Miss Alice got a tea set. From the second that she tore off the wrapping it was her favorite thing in the world and she would spend hours pouring water back and forth from cup to cup. She wrangled everyone in this house into tea parties - where we sat on teeny tiny chairs and drank water out of cups that were questionably clean. 


But for the last few months, her tea parties have been much less about the pouring back and forth and all about the social aspect of the ritual. She really IS the Queen of England deep down inside. 

She wants to talk about how your day is going and who would you rather be - Anna or Elsa. 

She got a very special tea set for Christmas - one that is glass and has a teapot, creamer, sugar bowl, plates, cups, saucers and napkins. I really wanted her to have something special to go with it. She hardly ever spills anymore and so I made her this Pink Tea - complete with rainbow sugar cubes. 

**It is a little (a LOT) too much for my adult taste buds, but she has gone crazy for it - and I don't mind, since I only have a tiny teacup and I can drink it really slowly) **



You'll Need: 

16 oz. pkg. Powdered Strawberry Drink Mix
25.6 oz. pkg. powdered milk
6 oz. jar of powdered non-dairy creamer (I used Vanilla)
1 cup Sugar 

1 bag pastel fruit mini marshmallows 


Directions:
Mix together all ingredients; Store in an airtight container. 

To Serve, place 2 cups hot water in a glass measuring cup, stir in 3-4 heaping Tablespoons of mix.  

** If you are going to be serving this at a little tea party Please PLEASE be sure it is cool enough for little mouths and hands ** 

Makes about 6 cups of mix. 



I put the marshmallows in the sugar bowl and she asks... would you like some sugar, and I get to say how many - you can tell, I really like my sugar cubes. 







Store them in airtight containers - you can use glass jars, plastic containers or I just use plastic bags.