Friday, April 8, 2016

Ham and Cheese Skillet


Sometimes you just want dinner to be fast. You can have this put together in the time that it takes to boil your pasta. It doesn't get much faster than that. 

I usually would have made a casserole to use up the leftover ham from Easter, but as soon as I put a vegetable in it - the family becomes divided. So I thought I would see if I left the vegetables out (and served them on the side) it things might go a bit smoother. 



You can make this white sauce with S.O.S. mix  

If you haven't tried S.O.S. mix, you can use it with practically anything you would use a cream sauce. 




So put your pasta on to boil - This part takes the longest. 

Then cube your ham, I think I used too much ham when I made it, but it was what I had, so I used it. 


Ingredients:
1 lb box of pasta, any shape, coooked. 
1 - 1/2 cups cubed ham
1 can cream soup (OR S.O.S. mix)
Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups of cold water. Whisk until well blended.
Cook and stir on stove top or in microwave until thickened.



Instructions:

Boil your pasta, while it is cooking, whisk your S.O.S. sauce together. When your pasta is done, drain it and put in right into the skillet that you made your sauce in. Add your ham and heat through. Done!