Friday, May 13, 2016

Streusel Pancakes



In my quest for world domination - via pancakes.... I bring you Streusel Pancakes. 


Although I can't take credit for inventing them, my mom's boss' wife makes them as a special treat for her family. I don't know if her mom or his mom or grandma invented them. But I get to make them and take pictures and tell the world about them, so that makes them part of my pancake army. 



Ingredients:

1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour (I use pancake mix... since I have it out)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted


Preparation:

Whisk together first 4 ingredients until blended. Stir melted butter into sugar mixture until well blended and crumbly.


I use the pancake mix recipe that I have shared with you before.  If you haven't tried it, You'll Love it. 



When your pancake is almost done on the first side, sprinkle the streusel topping on the uncooked side. It will sink in enough that you'll be able to flip it without a problem.