Friday, February 3, 2017

BBQ Beef Sliders with Grape Jelly Sauce


I am going to confess to you, I killed a pot roast the other day. It was so dead and it was so sad. The poor dry little thing. I made gravy to try and cover it up and serve it, and my sweet kids pushed it around on the plate, but it sat in the fridge as sad leftovers that kept getting looked over and looked over and frankly, were just waiting to die.

You know I can't let that happen. It was a challenge sitting there in my fridge - go ahead... make me something delicious. I knew I had to do it.  And now that I have confessed to you that this whole idea came from a failure, I am going to brag to you  that these turned out AWESOME!

They got me TWO full mouth hugs at the dinner table that sounded like... 'Momm... theeessse are sooooo aethomee"  Which means, Yah! I did it.  We got mad skills you guys. You and me, we are not going to be beaten by dry pot roast - Oh No!  We are making saucy sliders that our family not only devours, but comes home from school / work the next day and gobbles up until they are gone.  Pot Roast Gone!


So this is the recipe for BBQ sauce grape jelly sauce that everybody makes with the meatballs.  And I thought, hey! meatballs are cooked, and pot roast is already cooked...  Hmmm..... 

So I made the sauce ( with the homemade Chili Sauce -- and homemade grape jelly  ** You Guys! WHO AM I?!) 

And I put it all in the crock-pot to warm up. So just 2 1/2 - 3 hours.  I picked up rolls at the store, and I cut slices of cheese into 4 pieces and topped it with a pickle.  Can you believe it was that easy. 


Grape Jelly BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:
32 ounces jar grape jelly
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)

Pot Roast or Meatballs. 


24 Slider Rolls
8 slices of cheddar cheese cut into quarters
24 pickle slices



Instructions:

Combine your sauce ingredients in the crock pot and whisk them together. Then all your already cooked meat. I added a leftover pot roast that I had cut and shredded. Lots of people make this recipe with pre-cooked meatballs.

Let your meat heat up and marinade in the sauce for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until heated through.

Then put onto slider rolls and top with cheese and pickle slice!