Monday, March 13, 2017

Maple Chicken Sheet Pan Supper


Yup, I know. Sheet Pan Suppers are a fad. Not as big as the Insta-Pot, but still there are all over out there. 

But like any recipe that takes off and goes viral, it is for a reason. They are so delicious, they are really easy and you can vary the recipes lots of different ways. 


Ingredients:

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless, chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 small onion, chopped
Pepper


You can add more of less vegetables. Usually when I make one of these, I will double the veggies and keep the meat protein to a minimum.  This not only cuts my cost quite a bit, but I can't argue with any way to get my family to eat more veggies - and when they are roasted like this, they go crazy for them.  I made this once and we like it so much, I wanted to make it again. I was short on time, so I cut the chicken into smaller pieces (for faster cooking time) and then I used bags of frozen veggies. Loved It!


Instructions:

In a small bowl, combine vinegar, maple syrup, thyme, garlic and ½ tsp salt. 

Pour half over chicken in a zip plastic bag and marinate at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. Set aside remaining glaze.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. (or use your silicone mats - which I highly recommend buying for yourself)  

Place Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and onion on baking sheet, drizzle with reserved glaze and season with remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and add chicken to pan, discarding marinade. 

Return to oven and bake 30 minutes.