Friday, June 2, 2017

Pineapple Orange Green Smoothie


I know the whole world has been drinking green smoothies for a really long time, but we are just getting around to it at our house. 

They are a little bit scary to me. Joseph was all in, he wants to have them everyday. The kids were excited to try them, and it really took some time for me to get brave enough to take a sip. 




I know everyone says that you can't taste the greens, but I didn't believe them. The smoothie is GREEN for heck sakes! But you really couldn't taste the greens, and I really tried to taste them. 

I used a bag of mixed greens, but you can use spinach alone just as easy as can be. They even make bags of spinach or greens just for smoothies. This is a really popular thing. 


Ingredients

1 cup kale or spinach
1 banana, medium
1/2 cup low fat milk (or optional coconut milk or almond milk)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
¼ cup pineapple juice
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 TB Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
  
Directions

In a blender, blend your greens and the liquid of your choice. (This means your greens get smooth)
Add in the rest of the ingredients, blending after each item.
Serve and enjoy, cold.





Thanks to USDA Mixing Bowl for the Recipe Inspiration