Friday, September 29, 2017

Maple Granola


I love making my own granola. I like putting in it exactly what I want to eat and leaving out all those yucky chemicals and preservatives.  I also like that I am can make it at fancy as I want with nuts and seeds and coconut or I can leave in plain and simple and it tastes just as amazing. 

There really is something about taking high quality simple pure ingredients and putting them together to make delicious healthy food that is very satisfying. 


Ingredients

3 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried unsweetened coconut 
1 cup pecans or walnuts, quartered
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg



Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 

Mix together oats, coconut, nuts, syrup, oil, sugar, seeds, salt, and nutmeg. 

Spread granola in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes. 

Bake until granola is toasted, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.