Monday, November 13, 2017

Easy Skillet Lasagna


I was feeling pretty ho-hum about meal planning the other day. There has been a LOT of resistance at the dinner table lately and not a lot of happiness about what was being served. 


Then suddenly it dawned on me, I spend a lot of time making new recipes, testing new things and I don't make a lot of things regularly. I just don't. (there aren't that many nights a week to make dinner).  So instead of having those comfort dishes that my kids look forward to eating every week or at least a few times a month. 


So I dug this Food Sense classic off the website.  I made it in under 30 minutes and that included boiling the noodles and browning the meat. - I was hoping to have at least one meal of leftovers and the kids devoured that as well. They even asked for it for leftovers the next day, "is there any of that lasagna left"


Last week, I made pan roasted with chicken with a fig and balsamic reduction - 2 people ate it. I made pork chops smothered in mushroom cream sauce. 2 people ate it and one more was willing to eat a plain pork chop.  I am making my life a lot harder than it needs to be.  I am going to start making more classic family recipes. Recipes that are simple and easy and that I know that my family loves.  It's a journey, right?