Monday, November 27, 2017

Soup or Sauce Mix, I can't live without it


This little mix here, is pure kitchen magic. I use it nearly once a week when the fall and winter roll around and I start making a lot of soups, skillet meals and casseroles. I had to make a new batch up this weekend and thought I would share it with you, because it is the most amazing thing in my pantry. 

It practically makes dinner all by itself!



It is basically, dry milk, corn starch (as a thickening agent), and flavor from chicken bullion, onion and seasonings if you add them.  I mixed it up in a bowl and then put it in a jar for you guys, but normally, I just dump all the ingredients into a zip top plastic bag and mix and store it in the same bag. 

If you are wondering what to do with the stuff, you use it any way that you would normally use a can of "Cream of -----" Soup. Except!! this is chemical, preservative, strange ingredient, fat, and gluten free. 



Food Sense has a free Cookbook that you can download and it has the most wonderful easy recipes that you can make. I am not kidding, it actually makes me a much better cook.  You'll wonder how you ever lived without this in your pantry.