Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu


At the beginning of last month, my friend Candi, at Eat Well Utah posted a recipe for chicken cordon bleu made in a skillet. 


This is one of my family's favorite meals and so I put it on my list of recipes to add to my Meal Plan. 


With some leftover Thanksgiving ham and a can of chicken, I used my trusty SoS Mix and made this meal in under 20 minutes. Really, all it took was the time for the pasta to boil. I did everything else while that was happening. 

I modified an old Food $ense recipe from the free Soup or Sauces Cookbook.

Although it is a casserole recipe, I mixed everything up in the big pot that I boiled the noodles in and served it right out of that. You can make it a casserole if you want, or just serve it as a pasta dish as I did. 


Ingredients:
3 cups curly noodles
7 cups water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup SOS Mix
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup milk
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup diced ham
1 cup cooked chicken
1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
 salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp fine bread crumbs


Directions
Boil noodles in 7 cups water with salt. Drain. 

In a small bowl, whisk the SOS Mix, water and milk together until well blended. Set aside. 

In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Stir in chopped onions, peppers and diced
meat. Cook for 5 minutes. 

Add the SOS Mix and water/milk mixture.

Heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in grated cheese, noodles, salt
and pepper.

Spoon into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle bread
crumbs on top. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through.