Friday, April 13, 2018

Healthy Eating on a Budget - Snap Ed




You know what, I love food websites. I am thinking you do too, otherwise you probably wouldn't be here.

Although I love food and enjoy living vicariously through other people's food adventures, I am also a very firmly rooted food realist. I face the fact daily that my food budget doesn't allow for wild expensive ingredients and pretty much all of the time, I am not cooking for restaurant critics, but a table full of my hungry family. (although they can be just as critic and certainly just as hard to please)

That is why one of my favorite food sites is the Snap Ed site: Healthy Eating on a Budget.  They have absolutely everything on this website, it is easy to navigate and the ideas and tips are actually helpful and well thought out.

The website has a whole area dedicated to Meal Planning (which as you know, I am a HUGE fan of!) There are step by step instructions to help you get started or even to get you to better streamline your approach. They have printables you can download and print out that cover everything from menu planning to grocery shopping list to ways to catalog recipes that you want to try.

There are shopping tips, and an area dedicated to making your kitchen / cooking habits healthier. And if you are really out of ideas or hesitant about getting started - there is a two week meal plan with a grocery list, shopping lists and all the recipes that are in the plan. It doesn't get much easier than that! All that is left is picking the food up from the store.