Friday, June 8, 2018

Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad



I made this salad for a quick lunch that I shared with my mom. When I served it she very intrigued by the cantaloupe cucumber combination, but after one bite she said, "You have got to open a funky salad restaurant and charge people 15.00$ for a bowl of this"  That's quite impressive.


The simple ingredients in this recipe just speak to each other. It is an example of not having to make really complicated recipes for food to be exceptionally delicious. 

If you are willing to trust me on this recipe, you will not be sorry.  -- and I won't take any of the credit of you having the most popular salad at all your summer parties. 


If you like this salad and want to make it more of a meal, I think that adding some cooked orzo pasta or perhaps some quinoa or brown rice, would make it really hearty.  But you'll need to add a bit more dressing to account for the dryness of the grains.