Monday, July 16, 2018

Crock Pot Cooking


One of my favorite cooking tools for the summer months is my crock pot. It doesn't heat the house up like the oven does, I can start it in the morning and not have to worry about dinner getting started when I am out running errands or doing afternoon classes.

Food $ense teaches an amazing slow cooker cooking class and you can learn to adapt ANY recipe to be used in your slow cooker.

If standard recipe says: 
Standard Recipe       slow cooker on high heat          Cook in slow cooker on low heat
15 to 30 minutes              1½    to                                  2 ½hours 4-6 hours
35 to 45 minutes              3-4 hours                              6-10 hours
50 minutes to 3 hours       4-6 hours                            8-18 hours

From my extremely informal research, these are my top three favorite slow cooker recipes.


Beef Goulash   Or Veggie Stew  You can load this up with seasonal veggies or you can use canned or frozen vegetables in the winter time. With the addition of whole grain pasta this is a meal really worth putting on your favorites list.

Lime and Cilantro Chicken This is amazing just served with rice. But if you use the Food $ense "cook once, eat twice" program you can have amazing chicken tacos or fajitas on the second night!


BBQ Pork There isn't anything that this isn't amazing with. It is yummy on rolls and in tortillas, it is great on salads and just plain.  You can make it as spicy or as sweet as you choose with the sauce that you use.

I love my slow cooker, especially in the summer months. I urge you to pull yours out and start experimenting with it.