Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Getting to Know you


Getting to know all about me
Like singing with the King of Siam

"Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you
Hoping that you like me."

Welcome to my getting to know you, I like lots of things: food, writing, knitting, decorating and yoga.

The things I do are take care of my kids. We are a 4+3 family ranging in ages from 14 years to 11 months.

I keep the Food $ense Mommy blog
I named it Snappily Ever After
Like a princess in a fairytale,
I want a happy ending.
I am also want forest creatures
to do my chores.

I am passionate about what Food Sense teaches - Because I have had to live it before.

I am passionate about what we teach
because I love my family.
I deal with all the big food issues our own clients can face.
A small grocery budget
Wanting to provide healthy and nutritious food.
How do I prepare that kind of food? My skill level is Red Ranger - hot pocket level. We have picky eaters, kids who prefer food endorsed by cartoons and adults that prefer food endorsed by the coke a cola company.

But what I love most about my job is the trying. Trying one thing a day, making one choice that is a better way to live. You won't be changing your whole world today, probably not even tomorrow, but after you have a few tomorrows behind you - then you are changing.

Last week for the first time, I picked out a mango, I cut and peeled a mango, and I made something with it. And that something turned out good and 4 of my 5 kids ate it.

I have made muffins with quinoa twice, and my family devoured them twice.