Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mangos!

March's Fruit in Season is Mango.
I don't know how much you know about mango, but I know next to nothing. I know my kids love to eat them and if I don't hide the bag of dried mango they will eat the entire thing.  Here is what you need to know to be able to pick out a good one at the store.  Take the time to read through it, if you don't know; you don't want to pick out a bad one and ruin the experience for the first time.   Here are two ways to peel a mango. I feel like I really butchered mine, and that I left a lot of fruit on the stone and on the peel. I will use a vegetable peeler next time. 



I decided to make this mango recipe. The Mango Lime Bean Salad. Here are all my gorgeous ingredients in my bowl. It was too pretty not to take a picture of it. 


We ate in inside a chicken wrap and it was So delicious. My husband doesn't like beans and he loved it, I have never eaten a mango and I loved it.  I scooped some chunks onto the baby's highchair try and she really really loved it. (but I did pick out the onions for her.)  This was even more amazing the next day - and I love how there was do "dressing" to make. 

Highly recommend this one to ALL!  Mango Lime Bean Salad.