Monday, March 3, 2014

Start your change with menu planning

Have you been making small changes lately?  Have you been working towards making yourself happier and healthier? Are you taking charge of food instead of letting food be in charge of you?

I am always trying to make small changes in my life. From making new changes to trying to keep going with changes that I have already made. It is always a growing and learning process. And that is a good thing, it means we are always moving forward, always trying to get better. Even when I sometimes fail or take a few steps back, I remind myself that the only way to truly fail would be to give up.

Things have been a little sketchy around here lately. Getting sick took a lot more out of the family that I realized and it has taken quite a while to try and get everyone healthy and back on track. The very best place that I have found to start is with meal planning.

If you haven't done it before or had much success with it, then meal planning can seem really intimidating and overwhelming. But you really just need a piece of paper and something to write with. If you want, here is a really simple template to help you get started with planning. The trick is just to sit down and do it. That is the very hardest part.