Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Indoor Winter Activities



It's the most wonderful time of the year - you know... Winter Break. Two weeks when your kids are out of school, anticipating a magical hidden closet full of presents AND telling you constantly, "I'm Bored!".   Heaven help us. I told my mother today, Parents don't kill their children over Christmas break because we have already spent too much money on them. 

I don't know if you have this problem, but I sure do. (Boy-Howdy! Do I ever). And God forbid if the internet goes down, the power goes out, or somebody forget to recharge the tablet overnight. This survival scenario of mine drives my husband crazy. He wants me to send the kids outside, get them playing, have them run around. But since I wasn't much of a "run around" kid myself, I don't even know what to tell them to do...    Uh, take a book outside seems to be my suggestion quite often. 



 But I have come prepared for this winter break! We are going to be active and we are going to create some memories - even memories of the moments that aren't picture-perfect successful. Because life isn't about just having good / perfect things happening, It is about messy things happening, and silly things happening and things that you never ever planned for to happen - happen.

Today's Parent has a Fantastic!! 50 item checklist that you can print out, put on your fridge and get to work on. Build a snowman, do a good deed, feed the birds - fun Stuff!!


And this Blog What Do We Do All Day has the ultimate list of indoor activities. To help you get those bodies up off the couch and doing something besides just moving your fingers.

Real Simple has a complete list of Winter Activities that includes indoor / outdoor as well as things to make, do and eat!


Just like that Cat in the Hat said, " just because the sun isn't sunny, doesn't mean we can't have lots of good fun that is funny".